Hello 👋 I’m Italo Vietro. I’m a Brazilian living in Berlin, Germany. Currently working as CTO @Lykon.
I’ve spent 3,5 years working at @HelloFresh, in Berlin. I worked from developing software at a high scale, to growing a team of 13 people to a 300 people organization. We went through hyper-growth, and had to learn on the go how to build an effective organization. I believe we were pretty successful, and I had extremely good people next to me, from which I learned a lot.
Eventually, I moved on to @N26, to explore new horizons. That was an amazing experience. I met lots of brilliant people, went though hyper-growth once again, but now in a different scale – global. We had to learn, in very little time, how to build teams across distributed sites and still ensure we could foster an engineering culture were people could feel safe and productive.
Finally, I moved on to a new challenge. Now, in a very different setup. I wanted to try to build an organization from scratch. So, I took the role of CTO at @Lykon. Here I have the opportunity to guide a tech department in all fronts. With the experience I got from prior challenges, I can share and help people to grow in their careers, build an awesome product and technology in the coming years. It is a hard road, I have to say, but it’s one that I’m enjoying a lot.
Throughout my career I had the opportunity to work with inspiring people, on many different challenging projects, solving interesting problems. On this blog, I’m sharing my learnings for building and shipping successful products/projects, from an engineer and lead perspective. You can also read about some of the books that I read and would recommend and check out some of the public talks I have given.
Time line for context
- 1991: born in Curitiba, Brazil.
- 2005: Moved to João Pessoa, Brazil.
- 2007: Got my first job fixing computers. On this year, I also got the opportunity to start learning VB6.
- 2008: Began my software career as Junior Software Developer.
- 2009: Started to build off the shelve software using VB6.
- 2010: Started my bachelor in Analysis and Systems development.
- 2012: Graduated in Analysis and Systems development.
- 2013: Started an MBA in Software Engineering. Started working at Vox Technologia as a Software Developer.
- 2014: Got promoted to Senior Software Developer.
- 2015: Finished the MBA. Moved to Germany, working for HelloFresh as a Senior Software Engineer.
- 2017: Promoted to Head of Engineering at HelloFresh.
- 2018: Joined N26 as an Engineering Manager.
- 2019: Joined Lykon as CTO.
- 2020: Started writing in my blog once again!
You can find me on Twitter @italolelis.